- The right to survival;
- The right to develop to the fullest;
- The right to protection from harmful influences, abuse and exploitation; and
- The right to participate fully in family, cultural and social life.
Since the adoption of the Convention in 1989, countries have adopted new constitutions which include child rights and some countries have adopted consolidated child right statutes, such as Child Acts.
We will discuss country specific child acts as well as what we can do to ensure the rights of the child are upheld. We will discuss and explore the following topics;
- Best Interests of the Child
- The right to Life, Survival and Development
- Views of the Child
- Government Law, Policies and Standards
For all articles linked to these areas click the button below.
See below for all PDF reports on this topic.
See below for the most recent articles.
- Child Safety on the Internet - We have had quiet a few questions on safe internet use for children recently, so thought we should do some research and develop a fact-sheet on tips for ensuring your child is safe on the internet. The internet is an amazing resource for children and should not be banned due to the potential for unsafe […]
- Elmo and the surgeon general talk vaccinations - Science tells us that vaccines protect children from life-threatening illnesses. Every health organisation and government recommends vaccination based on evidence based, peer reviewed studies involving over 500,000 children, but one fatally flawed study involving only 12 children and no scientific basis (the data was falsified) has led the way to an anti-vaccine movement which is […]
- #ENDViolence Against Children Campaign Sunday November 23 - The Safety Educator is supporting the #ENDviolence Against Children campaign that will be held at The School mall (Jaya One) on Sunday November 23. There will be a variety of children’s activities as well as talks from the experts on child development, play, child safety and the prevention of child abuse. Some of the […]
- UNICEF Photo Competition for Teens - UNICEF is asking teenagers in Malaysia the question: What is the Future YOU Want? Through the Picture My Rights photo contest. In conjunction with the 25th anniversary of the Convention on the Rights of the Child, UNICEF is hosting the Picture My Rights photography competition to help you promote your rights to peace, dignity, equality and […]
- Stranger Safety Skills - Children are naturally explorative, especially in new places with new things. This makes it difficult for parents as they need to be constantly vigilant of their child’s whereabouts and actions in order to keep them safe. Strangers can sometimes be helpful and assist your child; they can also be a source of harm or danger. […]
- Child Safety in Public Places - Children are naturally exploitative, especially in new places with new things. It can be exciting being somewhere different! This makes it especially hard for parents as they need to be constantly vigilant of their child’s whereabouts and actions when in public places (shopping mall, park, festival) in order to keep them safe. Read through the […]