- Children’s metabolisms are faster and therefore they absorb toxins faster.
- Their developing brains and immature reproductive and immune systems are unable to detoxify chemicals to which they are exposed.
- Babies and toddlers spend most of their time on or very close to the ground and are therefore exposed to many more contaminants.
- Infants explore things by putting things in their mouths, they also get more cuts and rashes which leads to more exposure.
- Children eat three to four times more food per pound of body weight than the average adult.
In this article we review lead, PVC, Phthalates and BPA. Take a look at our recommendations and our references. All information is evidence based so you know that it is reliable. See our document below:
Maree has over five years of experience in Occupational Health and Safety and in the development of safety standards, training workshops and improvement initiatives. She is passionate about health, safety and education. Maree, a mother of two children, has a Advanced Diploma in OHS and will be graduating soon with a B.Sc. (HSE) from Australia.