The Safety Educator is supporting the #ENDviolence Against Children campaign that will be held at The School mall (Jaya One) on Sunday November 23. There will be a variety of children’s activities as well as talks from the experts on child development, play, child safety and the prevention of child abuse. Some of the topics of discussion include:
- Child Safety in Care Centers – The Association of Registered Childcare Providers Malaysia (PPBM)
- Responsible Parenting Successful Children – Asian Parenting Institute
- Effective Discipline without Hitting – Academy of Asian Parenting
- How to Handle Toddler Bedtime Battles – Sleep Champ Baby
- Child Passenger Safety – Safe N Sound
- Prevention of Violence and Abuse in the Community – Yayasan Chow Kit
There are lots of things we can do to protect the children in our lives and keep them safe. Support the campaign and visit the The School at Jaya One on Sunday November 23 to learn more about child safety and child protection. There will be fun activities to keep the kids occupied and great facilities at the mall for an afternoon visit.
The Safety Educator is supporting the campaign by providing fact sheets on Child Care, Stranger Safety and Home Safety Hazards. We will share the links to the material on the blog later in the week.
Maree has over five years of experience in Occupational Health and Safety and in the development of safety standards, training workshops and improvement initiatives. She is passionate about health, safety and education. Maree, a mother of two children, has a Advanced Diploma in OHS and will be graduating soon with a B.Sc. (HSE) from Australia.