The Safety Educator Inc. is a legally registered charity in Australia, with the Australian Charities and Not-for-profits Commission [ABN:95829688268], under the Sub-Entity Type of “Advancing Education”. The Safety Educator was established on the 5th of January 2014, and has been a registered charity since the 19th of June 2015. This registration ensures that we:
- Meet the legal definition of a charity – this means that we must be not‑for-profit, have a charitable purpose and operate for the public benefit.
- Have Good Governance – this ensures that our day-to-day work aligns with, and contributes to, achieving our purpose.
- Meet ACNC conduct standards – including (but not limited to) acting with reasonable care and diligence, managing financial affairs responsibly and disclosing and managing conflicts of interest.
- Meet ACNC annual reporting requirements – both financial and operational.
- Comply with Australian laws.
- Be accountable to our members.
The Safety Educator Board (Committee) comprises of:
- Maree Haley – Director, President and Chairperson
- Sam Spencer – Director, Vice President and Treasurer
- Kym Nowak – Board Member and Secretary (Public Officer)
The Safety Educator Governing Documents, Policies and Certificates