Our entire life support system depends on the environment and that support system has a significant impact on our health and well being. A healthy environment will lead to healthy individuals and communities.
- Air Pollution (Haze, smog, VOCs, PM2.5, etc)
- Land Pollution
- Water Pollution
- Government Law, Policies and Standards
For all articles linked to these areas click the button below.
See below for all PDF reports on this topic.
See below for the most recent articles.
- Baby Walkers Injure and Kill Kids- Did you know that the sale, advertisement and import of baby walkers was banned in Canada in 2004? Or that the American Academy of Pediatrics called for the total ban and recall of baby walkers in 1995 and 2001 (although the recommendation was ignored)? Or how about the fact that the Medical Journal of Australia […]
- Kuala Lumpur PM2.5 Air Quality Index- As parents working at The Safety Educator we have been shocked and heart broken over the devastating man made fires ravaging Indonesia over the last six weeks. Not only are the fires destroying pristine rain forest for palm oil plantations they are causing air pollution (also called haze, smog, etc) in the ASEAN region (October […]
- 20 Tips for Living with Air Pollution- Air pollution from the annual agricultural fires in Indonesia has been affecting the health of hundred’s of thousands of people across the ASEAN region since September. The fires are now raging out of control and have been exacerbated by the effects of the El Nino weather phenomenon as a prolonged dry season in Indonesia has […]
- Living with Air Pollution Infographic- We have had a few questions recently about Air Pollution and Haze, and what you can do when it gets really bad. In response to this we decided to do a little research and find out the best evidence-based information we could find. We decided to develop a simplified infographic (our first!) on Living with […]
- Invasive Toxic Weed Spreading Through Malaysia- The Star recently published an article about the spread of a new toxic weed in Malaysia, namely Parthenium hysterophorus (pictured above). This plant has the potential to cause: Contact Dermatitis (itching, rashes, blisters, lesions, etc). Airborne Contact Dermatitis (wind blown seeds and dry material from the plant causing itching, rashes, blisters, lesions, etc). In rare […]
- Reducing your Families Exposure to Toxic Chemicals- Everyone is vulnerable to toxins in the environment. Children in particular are more vulnerable when it comes to toxins than adults for many reasons, these include: Children’s metabolisms are faster and therefore they absorb toxins faster. Their developing brains and immature reproductive and immune systems are unable to detoxify chemicals to which they are exposed. […]