- ibu Family Resource Group – Malaysian based resource centre for young families and new mums.
- Bangkok Mothers & Babies International – Thailand based non-profit organisation providing support and companionship for pregnant women and parents of young children of all nationalities.
- UNICEF – was created to work with others to overcome the obstacles that poverty, violence, disease and discrimination place in a child’s path.
- Positive Parenting – Malaysia’s expert educational program on maternal, child and family wellness, initiated by Malaysian Pediatric Association.
- UpToDate – An excellent resource that provides evidence-based clinical overviews of all health concerns. Some sections are free, some are paid for via subscription. Unlike other health sites this is NOT sponsored by pharmaceutical companies, and is thus unbiased.
- Mayo Clinic – Another unbiased source. This one is free but not as detailed as above.
- CDC – US government based resource on disease control and prevention.
- WHO – World Health Organisation, the directing and coordinating authority for health within the United Nations system. It is responsible for providing leadership on global health matters.
- NHS – UK government based resource health conditions, treatments, local services and healthy living.
- Médecins Sans Frontières – An international, independent organisation for providing medical humanitarian aid.
- EWP – The Environmental Working Group (EWG) uses the power of information to protect public health and the environment.
- ScienceDaily – A great site for daily reputable science news.
- CAPHIS – A great site with an updated list of the 100 most trustworthy health sites on the internet.
- Malaysian Pediatrics Association -Membership is made up of pediatricians, pediatric nurses and others involved in the care of the child. MPA plays a major role in advocacy on all issues related to pediatrics and child health.
- Doktor Budak – A group of pediatricians in Malaysia who have created a free online avenue for parents to ask questions about child health care.
- American Association of Paediatrics – An organization of 62,000 pediatricians committed to the optimal physical, mental, and social health and well-being for all infants, children, adolescents, and young adults.
Birth and Lactation Support:
- Jen Lia – Home visit service for new mothers and breast feeding.
- MyDoula – Doula available in Malaysia.
- La Leche League International – An international organization providing information and support to breastfeeding mothers.
- Evidence Based Birth – Evidence Based Birth is your go-to source for unbiased, fact-based information.
- Clean Birth – CleanBirth.org works to prevent the needless deaths of mothers and babies in Laos, where maternal and infant mortality rates are among the highest in the world.
- ChildCarSeats – Australian based website providing reviews on baby car seats on safety and ease of use
- ASEAN NCAP – ASEAN based car crash testing.
- Australian NCAP – Australian based car crash testing.
- Good Guide – Safety and Product Reviews.
- National Quality Framework – A good resource that raises quality and drives continuous improvement and consistency in Australian education and care services.